We are offering a one year placement in External Affairs in the Corporate Affairs department of McDonald's. You must be available to start in January 2018.
McDonalds is one of the UK's most high-profile employers, with over 1,270 restaurants across the UK. The Corporate Affairs team at McDonald's comprises External Affairs, Media Relations and Internal Communications.
The successful candidate will have a genuine passion for the political process and would suit somebody who is looking for a gap year before further education or is keen to enter the job market following sixth form. The candidate will possess an ability to work with people at different levels of seniority and have a good working knowledge of PowerPoint, Excel and mail merges.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Supporting the External Affairs team;
- Co-ordinating stakeholder involvement in local events and assisting with their organisation;
- Helping the business to engage with stakeholders locally and nationally;
- Tracking political engagement;
- Working with agencies to co-ordinate MP biographies and briefings;
- Working closely with the McDonald’s Regional Communications team including Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
You will have the confidence and ability to hit the ground running in a dynamic, fast-paced and complex business environment. In return, you will gain first class, hands-on experience in one of the world's most successful companies, together with support in planning the next step in your career.