The Wine and Spirit Trade Association (WSTA) requires a public affairs professional to support its parliamentary engagement programme at Westminster and in the devolved assemblies on a 12 month fixed term contract (with potential to extend).
- Supporting the WSTA’s Parliamentary engagement programme and enhancing WSTA’s relationships with Westminster Parliamentarians;
- Raising the profile of the UK Wine and Spirit industry and its social responsibility initiatives within the UK Parliament;
- Providing secretariat support to the All Party Parliamentary Group for Wine and Spirits, including co-ordinating the APPG receptions and other events;
- Managing the WSTA’s party conference programme, and attend conferences and events where appropriate;
- Supporting the WSTA’s Devolved Assemblies policy, including engagement with the Scottish Parliament, Welsh Assembly and Northern Ireland Legislative Assembly;
- To monitor and respond to Parliamentary business, providing briefings and updates to the WSTA team and to produce briefings for Parliamentarians on issues relating to the wine and spirit trade;
- Supporting the Director of UK Policy and Social Responsibility on the WSTA’s domestic policy agenda.
Team and Membership services
- Provide Parliamentary monitoring and support to the WSTA team;
- Keeping WSTA members informed of Parliamentary Business through its Public Affairs Network including with regular briefings, a regular Parliamentary digest and through ad hoc communication;
- Being an integrated member of the wider WSTA Public Affairs team including taking on new projects, working flexibly to support the wider programme of campaigns and public affairs and deputising for other members of the team where required;
- Working with the wider public affairs, communications and technical policy teams to provide support to wider WSTA objectives.
Reports to: Carlo Gibbs, Director of UK Policy & Social Responsibility.