A charity is looking for a Parliamentary Engagement Officer. The successful candidate will be responsible for influencing decision makers at all levels of government on matters of particular significance to our Client. The successful candidate will assist with the management and oversight of a small team.
You will be responsible for:
- Line management;
- Deputising for the Team Leader;
- Assessing and advising the organisation as to which would be the most important political figures to engage with in order to influence public policy;
- Manage conflicting advocacy priorities within the organisation’s objectives;
- Advising on situations which might put our Client’s reputation at risk;
- Horizon Scanning;
- Researching, interpreting, organising and presenting information to support and inform the work of staff in the organisation;
- Keeping under review the work of the Houses of Commons and Lords, Parliamentary Committees, government departments and other organisations;
- Producing succinct, readable briefing papers to inform senior colleagues regarding parliamentary issues, and which summarise our Client’s position on these issues.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Line management experience;
- Ability to communicate confidently with decision makers, NGOs, churches and other external stakeholders;
- Good working knowledge of parliamentary and political processes and procedures;
- Ability to take complex issues and to present them succinctly and accessibly, both orally and in writing;
- Experience of managing remote workers.