The British Beer & Pub Association, the leading trade association representing the interests of the brewing and pub sectors, is seeking an experienced policy professional with strong analytical skills to work as part of a busy team.
Based in our head office in the City of London, you will be responsible for policy development across key areas for the Association, particularly around taxation and trade.
Duties will include:
- Develop the Association’s policy with particular reference to excise duty, energy taxes, business rates, trade facilitation issues (exports) and wider business taxes;
- Conceive and propose policies underpinned by robust analysis and work with member companies to gain consensus to policy positions and associated compliance issues;
- Coordinate the Association’s responses to public consultations on these subjects;
- Represent the Association at meetings and discussions with officials in relevant Government agencies and other trade bodies including our European brewing association in Brussels;
- Oversee work of relevant Association policy committees and working groups preparing agendas, discussion papers and reports, minutes and follow-up paper work;
- Work closely with communications department on policy-related communication to members and external stakeholders.
You will need to be a team player, organised, efficient, with initiative and a positive “can do” attitude. The post would suit a policy professional, preferably with commercial experience and with very strong analytical skills. A genuine interest in the beer and pub industry is important, along with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Highly numerate and literate, with the ability to collate and summarise large amounts of information and data is vital. A strong understanding of Government structures and an educational background with a significant economics or business element would be a real advantage.
The starting salary will be dependent on skills and experience but is likely to be between £30,000 and £40,000 plus benefits including pension, health insurance and gym membership.