A fantastic opportunity has arisen for Policy Advisor (Financial Services). The role will involve:
- Developing a strong understanding of the relevant policy debates;
- Drafting policy papers, agreeing positions with stakeholders and presenting at internal policy boards;
- Taking the lead on individual policy areas;
- Participating in the team's international - and European - facing work;
- Working closely with key external stakeholders, including HM Treasury, trade associations, and influential industry representatives and groups.
Our client is looking for a candidate with:
- Experience of working in a policy development ideally in financial services;
- Experience of analysing and drawing conclusions from large and complex data sets;
- Experience of engaging with a variety of stakeholders;
- Effective communication skills - the job involves much internal and external contact, and the jobholder often has to write briefing notes or put together slides to tight deadlines, and give presentations to a wide audience;
- Good workload management, being able to balance a wide range of work with differing timetables.