A well established health royal college are working to improve the standard of medical practice across their field. The goal is to educate and support doctors effectively throughout their career, providing practical guidance, training and assessment.
Our client is seeking a strategically minded and innovative team player to lead its Policy and Academic Research function to develop, inform and influence policy as well as coordinating academic development and research.
Experience required / Essential skills:
- Demonstrable experience of policy development ideally including interfacing with medical professionals and/or government departments engaged in the health care agenda;
- Strong analytical evaluative skills, including ability to understand and analyse complex issues;
- Ability to work independently, taking the initiative and using judgement in a political context and discretion to ensure delivery of delegated projects;
- Ability to forge effective working relationships and to liaise, collaborative with and influence external stakeholders;
- Ability to adapt knowledge and disparate information in order to format and promote cohesive policy positions.