The Policy and Engagement Officer is responsible for undertaking and supporting effective engagement with all our client’s stakeholders ranging from government bodies and the police service to community and special interest groups. The post is also responsible for using evidence from this engagement and other sources to develop and implement strategies and policies to improve the work of our client.
You will be responsible for:
- Developing and maintaining relationships with stakeholders including special interest and community stakeholders;
- Working with internal and external stakeholders to develop and implement strategies, policies, plans and other initiatives;
- Providing support to operations in developing and implementing operational policy and other changes to operational practice;
- Providing advice to internal and external stakeholders at all levels;
- Undertaking systematic horizon scanning and identify and recommend actions in response;
- Ensuring trends and issues from oversight and confidence work are identified and used to inform development;
- Managing and delivering projects and other strands of work.
- Stakeholder engagement/management;
- Developing and drafting evidence based strategies, policies and positions;
- Using persuasion, negotiation and influencing skills to develop relationships with stakeholders and members of the public who might be resistant or hostile;
- Presenting to a range of audiences;
- Proactively identifying relevant sources of information and interpreting a variety of information to draw out the key issues or areas of interest;
- Managing projects and the ability to tailor an approach to ensure it is proportionate and appropriate to the task;
- Analysing complex issues and clearly communicating them verbally and in writing to a range of audiences.