A social enterprise, devoted to building competitive advantage for industry and the people who work in it.
Looking to recruit a Policy and Government Relations Advisor with a focus on helping influence the local skills agenda, among a range of other exciting policy areas. You will need to be experienced in engaging with senior local government officers and political appointees and comfortable building on existing relationships with Ministers, civil servants, and Government departments in our work as a non-departmental public body.
You will be:
- responsible for communicating across a complex landscape with a variety of audiences. This includes internal and external stakeholders, MPs, Ministers, Civil Servants, agencies, industry employers and federations;
- responsible for influencing, persuading and encouraging engagement from a complex range of stakeholders;
- making decisions daily, in terms of recommending which policy areas and events the organisation should take part in to position itself effectively;
- working with in-house policy and research experts to develop an evidence base for CITB’s public policy and influencing activities;
- raising awareness with key influencers, creating ‘Ambassadors’ for the organisation amongst political stakeholders;
- working with the Partnerships teams in England to build relationships with local government, Metro Mayors and Local Economic Partnerships and developing a strategy for improving our political influence in the regions;
- monitoring and disseminating responses to key announcements on issues that impact the skills.
- Experience of working with MPs, Ministers, AMs, civil servants and local government;
- Planning, managing, implementing and evaluating proactive political engagement campaigns, including policy development;
- Excellent influencing skills and the ability to influence and persuade effectively;
- Ability to engage the media on political issues;
- A good understanding of the political system and how the process works across the local area.