We are looking for a individual to provide policy and press support for the Association’s Advocacy and Campaigns programme as key elements in delivery of the Long Term Strategy (LTS).
The Association of Anaesthetists is a well-established membership organisation for Anaesthetists with over 10,000 members and over 30 permanent staff running its day-to- day operations. The Association’s main aims are to advance and improve patient care and safety and to promote and support education and research in the field of anaesthesia. We also represent, protect, support and advance the interests of our members.
- To assist the organisation with developing its external voice by responding to policy developments and press opportunities;
- To support Executive Director/Officers and Board Members with producing responses to consultations and policy developments, following up on finalised responses and taking forward related actions;
- To develop briefings and position statements setting out the organisations views on issues relevant to membership, that support the advocacy and campaigns work and topical issues;
- To develop and update stakeholder maps.
Press and Media
- To find opportunities to promote the policy, advocacy and campaigns work of the Association in the press/media;
- To produce press releases, latest news updates and contributions to the organisation’s publications that promote the policy, advocacy and campaigns work;
- To develop and update stakeholder maps;
- To provide press/media support for other parts of the Association when required. Digital strategy. To update website and social media on current policy developments;
- To contribute to the Association’s digital strategy by keeping up to date with digital developments and proposing innovations as a member of the team.