Our client is a leading membership body representing investment companies. They are looking for an experienced Public Affairs and Policy Manager to join their team. Due to the technical nature of the policy areas they cover they are looking for someone that has worked on policy in the financial services industry or similar.
The post holder will:
- Contribute to the organisation’s policy development and positioning;
- Develop specific public affairs projects with a view to securing identified political, regulatory or other objectives;
- Support the achievement of the public affairs and technical department’s wider objectives;
- Represent the organisation to policy and other audiences in face-to-face meetings and other forums;
- Contribute to the work of stakeholder forums;
- Prepare written materials for key audiences (including policymakers and members) to a consistently high standard.
- Demonstrate awareness of the strategic, political and commercial factors which affect the achievement of the public affairs agenda in the financial services space;
- Demonstrate good knowledge of technical financial services issues;
- Willingness to develop specific knowledge of investment companies, including the policy and regulatory issues that affect the sector.