We are currently working exclusively with an influential education charity who are recruiting for a Policy Communications Manager.
This is a newly created role in the organisation. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and delivering the organisation’s response to education policy developments whilst increasing the visibility and profile of the organisation through a variety of channels.
- The proactive development and delivery of a policy communications strategy, increasing visibility and ensuring the organisation’s place as an authority on education policy issues;
- Monitor the external environment for policy developments relevant to the work of the organisation and provide advice and counsel on opportunities for external engagement;
- Develop website content for relevant policy developments, government initiatives and announcements;
- Proactively development relationships with external stakeholders in government, civil service, the media and other audiences to further increase the prominence and influence of the organisation;
- Provide written briefings, commentary and guidance for the education sector on policy developments;
- Contribute to the broader communications and stakeholder engagement work of the organisation (media & press relations etc.).
Knowledge, skills and experience required
- A strong academic background to degree-level or equivalent;
- A strong, demonstrable background in policy communications (ideally from the education sector);
- Strong communication skills with a good writing style that can be adapted to suit different audiences;
- Demonstrable experience of developing relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders (government, education sector, civil service, charities, think tanks);
- Demonstrable experience of using social media as an effective communications tool.
This is an exciting brief that will allow the successful candidate to shape a new role in an organisation dedicated to improving education for young people in the UK.