Help drive this organisation's policy agenda in one of the UK's key industrial sectors.
We are looking for a highly motivated policy professional who wants to expand his or her existing expertise with the opportunity to shape and drive the organisation's policy agenda in the automotive industry, one of the key strategic industrial sectors of the UK economy.
- Support the organisation's policy development and political engagement programme across numerous policy areas and taking a lead on delegated areas;
- Draft and communicate policy positions, briefings and consultations across a wide range of policy areas;
- Undertake internal and external senior level representation and engagement on behalf of the wider policy and public affairs team;
- Keep all members up to date on relevant policy developments and gather their views to help shape and support future policy work, presenting the industry views and recommendations to UK (and EU) policymakers.
Key skills and experience required
- A solid knowledge and experience of the UK legislative and Parliamentary experience is essential, with an interest/knowledge in EU processes;
- Strong analytical skills and experience in writing accurate and reliable reports and position papers;
- Proactive in managing policy and member portfolios.