I am looking for a Policy Manager with a regulator until March 2019.
- Support the Senior Policy manager, as well as other team members in the project on a broad range of issues including policy, economics or communications;
- Work with legal colleagues on ensuring legal aspects are addressed as the project progresses, such as data protection or competition law;
- Work with technical experts who are looking at the database build, addressing policy questions as they arise during the trial;
- Work with other government bodies, consumer associations and industry stakeholders as the project continues, bringing them on board and supportive of the project.
You will need:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent professional experience;
- Policy analysis – a proven track record in analysing policy issues, supporting the assessment of options and recommendation of solutions, particularly in relation to competition and consumers. Evidence of being able to develop and shape high-quality policy papers that can inform internal and external debate;
- Project management/co-ordination skills - proven experience of supporting the planning and management of delivery projects/programmes, taking into account the input of others, monitoring and reporting on progress and assessing and managing risks;
- Communication skills – the ability to communicate professionally and effectively with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels as part of a targeted stakeholder management strategy;
- Interpersonal skills – a flexible approach and the ability to work well within and across teams;
- Organisational skills – the ability to proactively prioritise, plan and schedule complex tasks and demonstrate problem solving skills.