My client, a high-profile consumer-focused organisation within the Energy space, are looking to bring on board a Policy Officer to engage with senior stakeholders and facilitate credible policy positioning. This post-holder will work closely with government, regulators and other industry bodies across the UK and EU.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Developing credible, evidence-based policy solutions and draft high-quality internal and external policy briefings, speeches, position statements, reports, consultation responses and articles/blogs;
- Working with the Head of Policy to develop and promote the organisation’s policy messages;
- Leading the organisation's Westminster and UK-wide consultation responses;
- Analysing key policy areas in the energy industry;
- Developing and maintaining relationships with and influencing key opinion formers and policy influencers in order to achieve a joined up and strategic approach to policy influencing and deliver policy change;
- Organising events in pursuit of the organisation’s policy objectives;
- Gathering, analysing and disseminating information about external policy developments and their implications for the organisation;
- Briefing senior staff for meetings with politicians and influencers and providing guidance internally on policy issues as necessary;
- Occasional travel to, and involvement with, stakeholders in the EU.
The successful applicant will need:
- Education to degree level – within economics, energy or environment is desirable;
- Excellent communication skills – both written and oral;
- Ability to engage with senior level stakeholders;
- Strong analytical and report writing skills;
- High attention to detail;
- Prior exposure to policy development – ideally having written consultation responses or briefings.