Our client is a business membership organisation who help devise and promote practical solutions to the challenges facing London businesses. They are currently looking for a policy professional to provide support to the Executive Director, Policy (Immigration & Skills) on a year long programme of work to develop a business-led skills strategy. Successful applicants will work on a variety of the most pressing and current issues affecting businesses in London.
- Policy and project support - Working closely with the organisation's Chairman, Director of Strategy & Policy and EDP, you will ensure the SMART delivery of this project through policy support;
- Research - Although a substantial amount of the research for this programme has been conducted, you will be required to interview CEOs, employers and senior skills experts, convene roundtables and workshops for discussions and undertake a public call for evidence;
- Report writing - You will collate, analyse and present your research findings to help the organisation identify the key challenges facing London's skills system. You will be responsible for drafting the Final Report in May 2018 that will be presented to the Mayor of London and launched publicly in the media;
- Delivery - You will be working on the proposed delivery strategy, setting out the Commission's vision and best practices that business, politicians and skills experts could take to minimise London's skills gaps in the long-term.
Skills and experience:
- While experience working in skills policy is preferred it is not essential but you must have a knowledge of/interest in business and public policy in London;
- Experience working with senior representative of major companies and internal stakeholders;
- Proactive in managing policy and member portfolios;
- Good research and written skills, with strong attention to detail and report writing skills.