We are looking for a dynamic and creative Political Campaigner to join the Greenpeace Political Unit. In this role you will help us monitor and analyse political opportunities in the UK to help win campaigns.
Greenpeace is an international non-profit global campaigning organisation. Our independence and global reach enables us to stand for positive change through action in order to defend nature and promote peace. We investigate and expose global environmental problems, confront those in positions of power and present alternative solutions.
As a Political Campaigner here at Greenpeace, you will help develop and implement political strategies, and inform our policy position on our campaign areas. You will work with our network of supporters, volunteers and campaign teams – especially the oceans team, as well as the energy and air pollution teams where appropriate – to help them campaign for action to protect our climate and oceans. You will work with politicians from all parties to champion and deliver policies and political change for a green and peaceful world.
To be successful you will have experience and knowledge of the UK political scene, and be a great communicator who works well in teams and thrives in a fast-moving environment.
You will also need:
- In-depth knowledge and interest in politics. Knowledge of relevant UK politics and devolved administrations is essential;
- Experience of political lobbying at a senior, national or international level;
- Experience of development and implementation of successful political strategies in association with campaign work;
- Experience of working with Parliamentary processes;
- The ability to establish and maintain effective contacts and relationships with senior and influential external individuals and bodies;
- The ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with a wide range of people both verbally and in writing including the media, volunteers and other NGO representatives.
Lastly, and crucially, you will need to demonstrate a genuine passion for Greenpeace’s mission and enthusiasm for supporting our campaigns.