GK is a thriving strategic consultancy. Started only five years ago, we have grown rapidly despite adverse economic circumstances. Our team now comprises fourteen professionals drawn from disparate political backgrounds. From Whitehall to the town hall, we understand the processes and structures that help to determine the direction of public policy – and how policies and regulations can affect businesses and investors.
Due to our rapid expansion we are now looking for a new political researcher to join our political due diligence team. The job will be varied, but will include the following tasks:
- Monitoring of Parliamentary and wider political news and publications;
- Monitoring of developments and trends in the private equity and wider investment community;
- Assisting our research team in identifying key stakeholders and interview targets;
- Researching, writing and reviewing briefings, communications and other business documents;
- Contributing to due diligence reports and political monitors;
- Contributing to meeting arrangements and diary management for the due diligence team.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- High-quality academic credentials and a track record of high-quality work experience;
- Experience of working in Parliament or in a government department;
- A good understanding of Westminster and EU politics and processes;
- Excellent all-round research and communication skills including specific ability in writing, interviewing, editing and proof-reading to a very high standard;
- Demonstrable ability to navigate government websites and obtain information efficiently;
- Sound organisation and time management, and the ability to deliver high quality work to deadline.
It would also be desirable to demonstrate knowledge of the investment community and the relationship between politics and business. Knowledge of a European language would also be a major benefit.