Clayton Desant is currently working with a leading business lobby group who are recruiting for a Principal Policy Adviser to lead their energy policy portfolio as part of their broader infrastructure team.
This is a highly visible role where you will be responsible for:
- Leading policy work on issues affecting energy investment, including the Paris Agreement, EU policy, UK policy (e.g. the Levy Control Framework, Contracts for Difference, Capacity Market, Carbon Price Floor etc.);
- Developing policy briefs, reports and consultation responses;
- Engaging with, and presenting to, senior energy industry representatives (CEO’s etc);
- Engaging with appropriate regulators and government departments to ensure the organisation has the relevant access and influence over energy policy issues.
Required knowledge, skills and experience:
- A strong academic background to degree-level or equivalent experience;
- Experience of evidence-based policy development and influencing on energy industry policy issues, with knowledge of international climate change agenda;
- Demonstrable experience of engaging with the UK government and relevant UK institutions that have an interest in energy policy concerns;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the gravitas and credibility to engage with senior business leaders, politicians etc;
- Demonstrable experience of engaging with senior politicians, Whitehall officials etc.
This is a high profile role where the successful candidate will have exposure to interesting and topical policy issues.