We have an exciting opportunity for a Public Affairs Coordinator to join our Infrastructure and Real Assets (MIRA) business, the world’s largest infrastructure investor.
As part of the MIRA external communications team, you will work closely with MIRA management and the central Macquarie government affairs function to implement a stakeholder engagement programme aimed at strengthening relationships with governments, regulators and other industry stakeholders across the UK and Europe.
Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Assisting with building a network of relationships with government officials, regulators, industry counterparts, think tanks and stakeholders to advance MIRA’s commercial priorities and interests across Europe;
- Implementing a programme of stakeholder meetings, effectively utilising internal senior resources, that strengthens relationships with key contacts across Europe;
- Preparing high quality communication materials including briefing notes, internal and external messaging documents and presentations;
- Create and maintain a stakeholder database tracking activities and relationships, enabling effective activity reporting;
- Efficiently prioritise deployment of senior management’s time to ensure best use of available resources;
- Work with the MIRA media and external engagement team to map relevant issues and stakeholders around potential transactions across EMEA;
- Work closely with the Macquarie central government affairs team to ensure a coordinated approach across the firm;
- Monitor the external political environment and provide reporting on relevant policy developments across EMEA;
- Alongside senior management, attend meetings with external stakeholders (trade / industry associations, government officials, regulators and EU institutions).
You will have:
- Demonstrable experience in the Civil Service or European Union, or from a similar role from within banking/financial services or a Public Affairs agency;
- Strong organisational skills and experience tracking and reporting on tactical activities;
- Strong working knowledge of the UK & European political landscape including legislative and regulatory issues;
- Excellent communication skills with excellent networking capability and stakeholder management skills;
- Confident and credible with the ability to produce a high volume of quality work to short deadlines;
- A second European language;
- The position may require occasional travel within Europe.
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Macquarie is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief. We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility may be available.