A membership body in Health.
To provide support to the delivery of our client’s public affairs programme to maximise the impact of policy, profile and reputation in Parliament.
- Deliver our client’s Parliamentary programme;
- Co-ordinate our client’s programme of activity at the political party conferences;
- Monitor all relevant political intelligence, deliver regular communications to members on this intelligence and public affairs activity;
- Deliver a daily Government Affairs Report to members;
- Support the development of action plans and strategies for advocacy on key issues;
- Develop and deliver policy briefings, position papers and publications alongside the policy team, including for Parliamentary debates;
- Drive the parliamentary and Whitehall stakeholder programme, setting up meetings, preparing briefings and conducting desk research.
- Experienced public affairs professional, with experience of working in parliamentary affairs in Westminster;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills;
- Relevant experience of working with stakeholders in UK Government and Westminster;
- Strong understanding of parliamentary processes;
- Experience in at least one relevant policy area e.g. health, science/R&D and industrial/business policy;
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to prioritise workload, work to deadlines and work under pressure;
- A positive attitude, with a track record of good team working and the ability to work across multiple teams and organisations.