Reporting to the Head of External Affairs Team the post-holder will be responsible for helping develop and implement high-impact influencing campaigns to shape governmental, parliamentary and other key stakeholder audiences.
The post-holder will actively collaborate with LCCI colleagues and, in particular, act as a LCCI link with relevant stakeholders at City Hall, the London Assembly and London local government.
- Maintaining a programme of contact with relevant figures in government and parliament;
- Maintaining a programme of contact with the Office of Mayor of London and the London Assembly;
- On-going liaison with key stakeholders and maintaining a log of correspondence and meetings;
- Liaising with LCCI members to manage and promote their policy issues in line with LCCI objectives and team priorities;
- Preparing submissions and responses to relevant consultations and inquiries;
- Identifying opportunities for, and/or threats to, the LCCI corporate agenda in the public policy area.
- Liaising with other LCCI teams, especially Patron and Marketing to assist with maximum delivery of services to members as appropriate;
- Playing an active part in team briefings, staff meetings and other internal communications;
- Working with Chamber colleagues to organise launch events for team campaigns, publications and initiatives;
- Contacting with the BCC to understand relevance of national network campaigns to LCCI and members;
- Regular drafting of articles for external publication including London Business Matters;
- Providing of material for LCCI Board and Council reports as required.
- Liaising with other Chamber teams, especially Membership, Marketing and Events, to assist with maximum delivery of services to members;
- Drafting articles and letters for publication;
- Presenting an efficient professional and positive image of the BCC approved Chamber network in London.
Skills and Aptitude
- Strong networking skills;
- Ability to communicate across all levels;
- Excellent telephone manner;
- Creativity and innovation;
- Understanding of London governance;
- Understanding of Westminster Parliament;
- Ability to develop strong working partnerships;
- Drive and pro-activity;
- Decision making;
- Team working;
- Autonomous working;
- Ability to set targets;
- Strong sense of perspective (realism/rationality);
- Commercial awareness/acumen;
- Strong negotiation skills;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office;
- Attendance at some events therefore ability to work out of hours i.e. before 9 am and after 5 pm.
- Knowledge of issues affecting business;
- Strategic thinking;
- Knowledge of transport related issues;
- Budget preparation;
- Proficient with databases.