The European Azerbaijan Society (TEAS) is seeking a Public Affairs Officer to work in its Brussels office. Candidates must be able to demonstrate:
- A good understanding of the political structure and workings of the European Parliament and other European institutions and associated organisations;
- Knowledge of the Brussels environment and relevant Belgian institutions an advantage;
- Ability to manage a workload across a multitude of issues/tasks;
- Significant years of relevant work experience;
- Fluent written and spoken English and French. Dutch and/or German would be seen as a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge of the EU-Azerbaijan relations and processes;
- Knowledge of relevant European and international bodies dealing with Azerbaijan and the South Caucasus;
- A general interest in/knowledge of the South Caucasus region.
- An enthusiastic team player with a hands-on, positive attitude;
- A high level of IT literacy, including knowledge of databases and MS Office suite;
- Proven online research skills and content analysis;
- Knowledge of Apple Mac operating systems an advantage;
- Self-confident, focused, driven/pro-active and result-oriented;
- Stress resilient;
- Flexible attitude to shifting work priorities;
- Excellent communication, reporting and presentation skills.
- To prepare and manage TEAS’ projects and events and assume their practical implementation;
- To support the daily functioning of TEAS Brussels;
- To develop and maintain TEAS’ networks;
- To assist the TEAS team during events with tasks incumbent to them;
- To adopt a proactive attitude in research and media monitoring;
- To represent TEAS in various meetings and events.
Ideally the successful candidate will have work experience in the support of an MEP, working in the EU Commission, or have been working closely with advocacy groups interacting with EU institutions. The successful candidate would be part of a larger TEAS political team of offices across Europe. Ad-hoc travel would be a requirement of this position.