This is a high profile role within Thales UK as you will work closely with the Chief Executive and Senior Management teams to play a vital role in the development, management and implementation of parliamentary, political and stakeholder relation programmes and campaigns to support business goals.
Operating across Whitehall, Westminster, the devolved assemblies and relevant public policy organisations (ADS, CBI etc.), you will help Thales UK to maximise its impact with stakeholders. You will also have responsibility for ensuring that senior managers throughout Thales UK are fully aware of legislative and parliamentary developments of relevance.
- Utilise knowledge of Parliamentarians and political processes to proactively spot opportunities to engage with political and opinion forming audiences;
- Monitor relevant legislative and political developments (including Debates, PQs, Departmental announcements etc) and disseminate information internally;
- Play an active role in developing and delivering stakeholder events;
- Where appropriate, attend Parliamentary meetings (i.e. Select Committees, All Party Group etc) to monitor and report back on proceedings;
- Promote Thales and our role and the value that we provide to the UK market;
- Work alongside the communications team in terms of how we present ourselves as a business.
Your skills and experience
- You will have an excellent understanding of the political landscape in the UK and especially of the routine workings of Westminster and Whitehall;
- The ability to work on your own initiative and be tenacious in your approach;
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and an ability to build productive working relationships at all levels within a complex matrix organisation.
Thales supports Smart Working which is an approach to organising work that aims to drive greater efficiency and effectiveness in achieving job outcomes. It combines flexibility, autonomy and collaboration, while optimising tools and working environments for employees – ask for more details at your interview.
Competitive Salary plus bonus, private healthcare (couple cover), 27 days holiday, pension plus other great benefits such as excellent maternity/paternity leave.