A brand new and exciting position has arisen for a Public & Corporate Affairs Manager in an international FMCG focused organisation. They are seeking an individual to join their team and design/implement a Public Affairs programme for them in the UK & Ireland. Roles such as this are rare and offer the prospective candidate an unrivalled level of scope to implement their vision of a Public Affairs strategy for a major international company.
The role will require a strong communicator and negotiator who are able to confidently represent the company in challenging environments. The role requires an individual who can competently operate at different levels within the UK & International business and outside business in order to accurately represent my client’s point of view.
The role will require an individual who can thrive on a challenge and is passionate about making a difference to protect the business and also advance reputation.
Being part of a small yet emerging team the role requires and individual who are a self-starter and strong team player who can also turn their hand to other departmental projects in order to manage reputation. A key part of the role will be to support in the management of issues from the media or customer care line and support to resolution involving necessary stakeholders.
- Develops a Corporate Affairs outreach program in UK and Ireland with: Government, regulators, experts, NGO’s in coordination with the Group Department;
- Represent the company in all relevant trade bodies to defend and explain our position;
- Define our strategy to optimize our reputation with stakeholders in line with company objectives;
- Provide Expert Advice in Guiding and defining brand and commercial activity to ensure fall in line with regulations;
- Develops relevant strategies to improve the corporate and Brand image;
- Works to provide full and regular insight to the business on PA areas.
Corporate & Brand Public Relations:
- Manages an integrated stakeholder and media relations program via a Corporate and Brand press office on Corporate Matters;
- Ensures that the company and brands are protected and equipped to respond to all potential critics;
- Proactively influences relevant stakeholders;
- Supports Brand Teams on PA matters;
- Provides public relations/Corporate advice and service to the executives of the company;
- Provides assistance to Country personnel in preparing speeches, letters, and articles which are to be made public and in answer miscellaneous inquiries about the company.