My client is a reputable and innovative consumer brand, working to transform the market place in its sector.
In a growth phase, they are in search of a Compliance officer to support key stakeholders in designing and implementing an effective compliance function.
- Working closely with the legal team, you will:
- Support key business stakeholders in implementing measures to mitigate compliance risk;
- Compile regulation summaries for management and provide Government consultation responses;
- Work closely with the compliance and legal affairs teams to provide early warning of emerging compliance and regulatory requirements;
- Support the team in prioritising requirements and analysing risk;
- Represent the organisation's interests with external stakeholders within Government, regulators and industry bodies;
- Monitor regulatory and compliance requirements and changes.
Competencies and experience required:
- Excellent verbal and written communicator and competent presenter;
- Confident in approaching influencing at senior levels, internally and externally;
- Some knowledge of the regulatory and compliance environment;
- Previous analytical experience in a highly regulated industry, i.e. financial services/energy/telecoms;
- Experience of interpreting legislative and regulatory changes;
- Ability to organise and prioritise high workload;
- Some public relations/ public affairs experience would be ideal.