Clayton Desant is currently working with a boutique political affairs consultancy with an international footprint. They are currently recruiting for a Senior Consultant to lead a portfolio of clients in the UK and internationally and take responsibility for the delivery of high-level political campaigns – up to Ministerial level.
This role will initially take responsibility for the presidential campaign of an individual in seeking office in Africa.
As part of the management team and with significant responsibility from the outset, you will:
- Manage and deliver client projects as per the client work plan;
- Oversee the delivery of reports, briefings and other materials relevant to client campaigns;
- Develop relationships with UK and international journalists and media outlets;
- Proactively seek to build relationships with a variety of external political contacts in the UK and internationally;
- Take responsibility for new client development;
- Manage and develop junior staff.
Required knowledge, skills and experience
- Demonstrable experience of leading and delivering national (ideally international) political campaigns;
- Experience of working in a small – medium sized political affairs agency;
- Demonstrable experience of policy and public affairs work, at management level;
- Demonstrable experience of working across different sectors - public, private, non-profit, international development etc;
- Demonstrable experience of working with international clients and the ability to adapt to different cultures and working practices;
- Strong communication skills with experience of with senior officials, politicians and other stakeholders.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an ambitious agency who have an impressive international portfolio of clients.