A business services organisation that promotes UK industry and commerce best practice internationally is seeking a Senior International Policy Manager.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Representing the organisation and UK strategic interests at the international level, developing technical and strategic positions, networking at senior levels, lobbying, negotiating and promoting the organisation and UK view;
- Maintaining effective relationships with UK Government and the European Commission to ensure that the development of their policy positions is in line with the organisation and UK interests;
- Providing expert advice to both stakeholders and colleagues on challenges related to the development of European and international policy, advocating for their issues as needed internationally;
- Leading the development of the strategic direction of the organisation’s policies towards key international bodies. Such policies should reflect the priorities of UK stakeholders and the organisation’s overall strategic aims.
Required knowledge, skills and experience:
- Extensive experience in policy development and influencing within an international setting (can be obtained working for UK government, regulator, trade association or other public policy environment);
- Experience of engaging with the UK government on policy issues;
- Demonstrable experience on working at a strategic level, being able to view the bigger picture;
- Demonstrable experience of working with, and influencing, international stakeholders on technical policy issues;
- Strong analytical with the ability to review complex arguments and develop positions quickly.