A leading financial services trade association is currently seeking a Senior Policy Adviser for a 12 month maternity cover commencing the middle of June 2017.
The successful candidate will be responsible for a candidate with a research heavy background to provide analysis, advice and guidance on regulatory and public policy developments that will have an impact on Member companies.
Key responsibilities include:
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis of data and insight, commissioning research project and then deriving meaning to inform the policy positions of the organisation;
- Horizon scan the external policy and regulatory environment to identify opportunities and threats to the industry;
- Respond to policy consultations, and provide policy insight and counsel to internal and external stakeholders;
- Develop and coordinate stakeholder engagement on the strategic and policy issues facing different customer groups.
This is an exciting time to join a financial services trade association in light of the merger or a number of high profile and influential bodies.
Required knowledge, skills and experience:
- A strong academic background to degree level or equivalent;
- Demonstrable experience of conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis of data in inform policy positions – using Excel is essential but SPSS is desirable;
- A background in public/regulatory policy analysis and development (all subject areas considered);
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience of engaging with internal and external stakeholders.