A highly influential trade association are currently recruiting for a Senior Policy & Government Relations Adviser to lead on the development of policy positions on behalf of leading businesses that provide services to government and the wider public sector.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Development and evidence based policy positions in liaison with business leaders (research and analysis of public policy, drafting of papers, policy briefs etc.);
- Lobbying UK MPs, civil servants, regulators;
- Building relations with UK government officials and politicians;
- Advocating member views to a wide range of other external audiences;
- Representing the organisation at conferences, external meetings and via other platforms.
Required knowledge, skills and experience:
- Strong educational background to degree level or equivalent;
- Demonstrable experience of policy development and influencing (central government, trade association, think tank, policy agency etc.);
- Strong research & analytical skills;
- Demonstrable understanding of the workings of the UK government, the devolved administrations including policy processes;
- Ideally, an understanding of the government procurement policy;
- Excellent communication written and verbal communication skills.