Powerful trade association seeking a Senior Policy & Public Affairs Adviser to take responsibility for their construction sector portfolio with a view to influencing government policy on issues of concern for the sector.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing policy positions that reflect the challenges and opportunities facing the industry;
- Ensuring cross-cutting policy issues such as the apprenticeship levy, capital spending, housing and industrial strategy are manifested in the policy work of other teams;
- Taking responsibility of policy outputs (briefs, reports, consultation responses etc.), ensuring they support government relations efforts;
- Managing Member relationships, taking responsibility for driving value and advocating policy priorities;
- Managing relationships with government ministers, Whitehall officials and other external audiences to drive forward the sector policy agenda and seek to influence positive outcomes.
Required knowledge, skills & experience:
- Strong background in policy and public affairs;
- Knowledge and/or interest in construction sector or related policy issues:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the gravitas and credibility to engage/ present to senior audiences:
- Demonstrable experience of influencing policy outcomes.