A professional health body is looking for a Senior Policy Officer.
You will be responsible for:
- Responding to relevant consultations;
- Represent the organisation at external meetings;
- Draft papers, briefings and responses to enquiries;
- Provide support to relevant committees;
- Provide policy support to the wide range of professional practice activities our client undertakes, including representation, advocacy, policy development and supporting members;
- Managing one-off and on-going projects developed under the professional practice umbrella;
- Providing communications support in relation to professional practice, including updating of relevant information on our client’s website, preparation of policy updates on current initiatives for internal and external audiences.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Knowledge and understanding of the current health and social care landscape;
- Proven experience of writing in a variety of styles for different audiences and formats;
- Experience of organising and/or attending committees and external meetings;
- Stakeholder engagement;
- Experience of assimilating knowledge through reading, attending events and meetings, and producing summaries and reports.