The job entails working on policies, programmes and projects. The successful candidate must be able to provide policy and analytical support in the science and tech sectors. The post-holder must engage with a wide variety of stakeholders in life sciences and wider science/tech sectors. They must communicate effectively with senior staff and work with internal and external stakeholders and partners to achieve corporate objectives. It is essential to provide high quality client support for relevant senior stakeholders, including:
- drafting timely responses to questions and correspondence;
- providing concise briefings and responses to questions;
- providing meeting management and secretariat functions for key meetings.
- A relevant degree or equivalent professional qualification or ability to demonstrate an equivalent level of knowledge and skills gained through experience. A background in economics with a good understanding of cost benefit analysis would be advantageous;
- Experience of working with, or alongside, the public and private sector and a good understanding of the differences in their perspectives and values;
- Experience of project and programme management and reporting, and of options appraisal;
- Good understanding of economics and business policies or at least the ability to develop this knowledge quickly;
- An understanding of the London economic and social development agenda, including development, infrastructure, planning, transport, housing, environment and sustainability.