My client is a world renowned organisation whose issues are complex and far reaching; almost everyone in the UK is impacted by these developments in some form.
This is a project that will be a huge addition to your CV and future career. Please do see the assignment details below and for a confidential discussion please apply and Electus will be in touch. This opportunity is an 18 Month Fixed Term Contract.
To plan and manage a crucial project, which will involve co-ordinating a multi-disciplinary team from across the organisation to deliver the best possible outcome.
- Work with the Director of Policy to shape and deliver a co-ordinated approach to the project;
- Oversee the development of public policy arguments and analysis in relation to my clients position;
- Lead on particular policy development work-streams.
- Develop and maintain a plan to effectively engage with external decision-makers;
- Maintain relationships with key political stakeholders in Government Departments and elsewhere;
- Prepare briefing material for use with external stakeholders;
- Work with the Public Affairs team, to ensure the project maintains appropriate liaison with Parliament and with the devolved institutions and political representatives in the UK;
- Develop and maintain appropriate contacts with academic and policy institutions, think tanks, government departments and other industries ensuring my client is appropriately and adequately represented;
- Work with the Marketing and Communications teams to shape the overall communication strategy.
Planning & Co-ordination
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive project plan and ensure effective project governance;
- Manage and effectively track progress of project work streams contributing to the project, ensuring continued engagement with key stakeholders;
- Ensure senior stakeholders are regularly briefed on the progress of the project. Prepare update reports for various stakeholders and Boards;
- Lead procurement of external consultancy services as required;
- Adjust the project plan in response to progress, unanticipated factors and political circumstances.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Senior level experience in a policy development or public affairs role either within a major organisation or a consultancy or a government department;
- Direct experience of UK political institutions and decision-making processes, and in-depth knowledge and understanding of the principles of public policy;
- Substantial experience and demonstrated expertise in planning and running policy/public affairs campaigns;
- Substantial experience and demonstrated expertise of project and programme management;
- Extensive experience in stakeholder management at a senior level;
- Strong interpersonal skills and a proven ability to develop and maintain relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts;
- Working in a high pressure environment and managing conflicting priorities;
- An understanding of my client’s strategic aims and ambitions (desirable);
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.