You will be responsible for implementing technical education assessment policy and delivering quality assurance activity. This will include being responsible for reviewing and making recommendations on Technical Qualification assessment strategies and sample assessment materials.
- Provide expert advice and guidance on assessment and qualification development;
- Provide high quality, accurate advice to the Quality Assurance Committee, Route Panels, the Board and senior officials on the validity, reliability and manageability of proposed assessment strategies;
- Acquire, analyse and integrate a large amount of information from both internal and external sources;
- Undertaking a range of quality assurance activity and providing high quality advice to the Quality Assurance Committee in relation to the quality of technical education;
- Ensuring that the team meets its operational delivery targets relating to the timely review and approval of assessment strategies and delivery of quality assurance activity;
- Work closely with other government departments, agencies and regulators including Ofqual, the Department for Education and the Education and Skills Funding Agency;
- Manage the relationship with key stakeholders across the sector;
- Support ongoing project and contract management by analysing a range of qualitative information and quantitative performance data; and undertaking monitoring and evaluation activities as required;
- You will support colleagues across the Institute in providing support and advice on issues in relation to the quality of technical education and will work closely with teams across the Institute.
- Understanding of the principles of educational assessment, qualification design and delivery and / or quality assurance;
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills with the ability to convey a large amount of complex information clearly and concisely;
- Good negotiating, influencing, coaching and networking skills;
- Excellent stakeholder management skills;
- The ability to anticipate and find solutions to potential barriers to delivery;
- A skilled communicator with good interpersonal and presentation skills.