NHS Improvement is responsible for overseeing foundation trusts, NHS trusts and independent providers. We offer the support these providers need to give patients consistently safe, high quality, compassionate care within local health systems that are financially sustainable. By holding providers to account and, where necessary, intervening, we help the NHS to meet its short-term challenges and secure its future.
NHS Improvement is seeking an experienced Stakeholder Engagement/ Communications professional to support the Stakeholder Engagement team in delivering the strategy for developing, maintaining and leveraging strong relationships with partners and other key audiences in the NHS and the wider healthcare sector, including patients and the public and with key individuals, bodies and audiences in Parliament.
As the Stakeholder and Engagement Officer, you will provide officer level support for all aspects of the team’s communications activities, this includes, amongst other responsibilities:
- Day-to-day administration of the speaker contact programme, with responsibility for receipt, triaging, commissioning and judging efficacy of speaker requests;
- Supporting the proactive identification of opportunities for speakers;
- Delivering stakeholder research projects to measure progress in building awareness and support for NHS Improvement’s role.
Providing support to ensure a regular programme of contact between our Executive Directors and a number of key stakeholders is in place. Taking responsibility for the development and provision of briefs for a given number of stakeholders.
- Coordinating organisational relationships with agreed external stakeholders, sharing and receiving timely briefing information, maintaining good personal relationships with peers in those organisations, and occasionally attending, taking action notes and following up senior level meetings;
- Undertake ad hoc research for the Stakeholder Relations team;
- Act as communications lead on one-off projects as required;
- Carry out administrative duties such as co-ordination, managing CRM database and providing wider support to the Stakeholder Engagement team;
- Daily review of stakeholder monitoring to inform a draft weekly stakeholder report and ensure timely distribution of intelligence to relevant parts of the organisation.
- Occasional responsibility for triaging departmental briefing requests received through the parliamentary inbox and commissioning of DH’s BAU requests from colleagues across NHS Improvement;
- Occasionally draft briefings to support Ministerial visits to NHS providers, respond to parliamentary questions (PQs) and Department of Health briefing requests in the absence of Parliamentary colleagues.
This role also supports the feeding back to NHS Improvement’s development, policy and regulatory functions of knowledge and insights from our key audiences, to influence the organisation’s plans and activities.
Key to this role will be your significant experience working within a communications department(s), working with a broad range of stakeholders. Experience of working with parliamentarians and government departments is desirable.
In return, we offer a competitive salary, plus a generous defined benefit pension scheme, competitive annual leave offer and the option for genuine flexible working arrangements.