A well-respected and long-established health-related regulatory body is looking for a Strategic Relations Officer to join their strategic relations function. The organisation sets the standards for healthcare professionals in a specific area of therapy, handling regulation, registration of said professionals, and the education standards that they must attain. This position plays an important role in delivering stakeholder engagement, information and intelligence, as well as supporting contact management.
The role of Stakeholder Engagement Officer holds several key accountabilities:
- Supporting a strategic relations plan through the management of stakeholder relationships;
- Providing counsel and support to the Council and Executive function;
- Deputise for the Stakeholder Engagement Manager.
Information and intelligence
- Monitor relevant political developments providing assimilated information to internal stakeholders;
- Provide corporate political intelligence to the policy and research teams;
- Brief senior colleagues on public engagement and stakeholder meetings.
- Develop records of interaction with key contacts;
- Manage interaction with Parliamentarians across England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland;
- Work alongside the communications and media team to align engagement objectives;
- Support the organisation’s liaison with strategic stakeholders.
As the ideal candidate you will have experience working in a public affairs function, experience of working effectively to influence others at a national level, and a knowledge of regulation or a field of social policy. You will be highly organised, able to interpret and assimilate often complex information, and able to think at a strategic level.