Please join us and our distinguished guests via Zoom on Tuesday the 11th of August at 10am for a webinar on the topic of upcoming NHS reforms entitled “Medicine and Moonshots: How Will the Government Change the NHS?”
Following multiple reports of a No10 taskforce on NHS reforms and Health Secretary Matt Hancock's speech on the future of healthcare last week, we have assembled an accomplished panel of speakers to discuss the potential direction and timetable of the likely reforms of the NHS.
Rt Hon Lord Hunt of Kings Heath - The first chief executive of the NHS Confederation, previously Director of the National Association of Health Authorities and Trusts and subsequently Chair of the Heart of England NHS Trust, Lord Hunt also served as a junior minister at the Department for Health (1999-2003) and later as a Minister of State (2007)
Dr Vivienne McVey - CEO and a founder of Virgin Care
David Hare - CEO of the Independent Healthcare Providers Network
Questions for debate
- Where is the balance between local and national accountability and how should this work in practice?
- Is the elected government or NHSE best placed to run the NHS?
- Which NHS and DHSC units are ripe for taking down and which might be unintended victims?
- Which emergency measures put in place by COVID-19 are likely to become permanent?
- What should digital transformation focus on first?
- What needs to be protected from the Lansley reforms and what other changes need to be made?