We are seeking a full-time Account Executive to provide public relations, public affairs and community engagement support to a range of clients. The post is full-time and a salary of £20,000 plus benefits is offered.
In-line with Scottish Government guidelines, our team are currently all working from home. We will provide all necessary equipment to allow the successful applicant to work in this way until we return to our offices in central Edinburgh.
We offer extensive training opportunities to expand your knowledge and skills within communications.
Previous agency experience, especially relating to undertaking social media strategies, is essential.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure good client relations through regular contact and updates;
- Conduct background research to support clients’ communications objectives;
- Carry out media and political monitoring and issuing daily, weekly or monthly bulletins to clients;
- Drafting of copy for social media schedules on behalf of clients;
- Advising on social media messaging / channels;
- Draft copy for news releases, comment articles, policy submissions and reports;
- Plan, implement and update contact schedules on clients’ behalf;
- Manage relationships with journalists and the media on clients’ behalf;
- Manage subcontractors and associated budgets for the provision of PR support services – printing, design, polling etc;
- Organise and attend events on behalf of clients;
- Respond to press and public inquiries on behalf of clients;
- Creating and maintaining contact databases, activity schedules, briefings and other core materials for clients;
- Ensuring agendas are produced before client meetings and creating and circulating meeting notes afterwards.
Two satisfactory work references, including current or most recent employer, where applicable.
- Candidates should be able to demonstrate good knowledge and understanding of the Scottish and UK media and political landscapes;
- Previous agency experience is essential, particularly relating to drafting of social media and digital content;
- A motivated self-starter who will undertake an active client-facing role. The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate an ability to understand new, often complex, issues quickly and work with a small team to communicate how that might impact on clients and what actions they should take as a result;
- As well as being an excellent team player, the successful applicant will have excellent communication skills and able to build relationships with clients and external stakeholders alike.
What we offer
- Competitive salary dependent on experience plus benefits;
- An excellent opportunity to acquire in-depth experience of working with clients across a broad range of sectors;
- A stimulating and supportive work environment, working with a friendly and dynamic team.