Chelgate is an established international strategic public relations and public affair consultancy based in London. This role is with Chelgate Local, the division which supports clients in navigating the planning system. Our clients include many of the leading developers, housebuilders, planners and land promoters. We are looking for a brilliant and hard-working person to support our team and help deliver effective client programmes.
Key tasks will include:
- Support the Chelgate Local team to deliver the agreed client programmes;
- Liaising with clients on a day-to-day basis, attending client meetings and client events;
- Supporting local political and community engagement for clients;
- Supporting business development and new business activities;
- Working with and reporting to the Account Director.
This position would ideally suit a recent graduate looking for their first job in public affairs/public relations. You will ideally have some experience in a relevant work environment, although we value a client-focused attitude with a real desire to learn and a passion to make an impact.
You will be:
- Organised with a strong attention to detail with good time management skills;
- Effective communicator both verbally and in writing;
- Able to solve problems and be resilient and positive in difficult situations;
- Able to multi-task under pressure;
- Passionate for this industry, ambitious to develop your career;
- Happy to travel to meet with clients face to face rather than just sending emails;
- Be positive, cheerful and bright and happy to take initiative.
- Competitive salary (dependant on experience);
- Contributory pension;
- London Bridge location – one of the best up-and-coming areas in London;
- Four weeks’ holiday;
- Social and friendly team.
Start date: as soon as possible.