We’re a specialist consultancy looking for an excellent Account Director or Senior Account Director (we'll shape the role around the right person). This person will take a leading role on corporate communications and stakeholder relations for several key clients in the low-carbon energy sector, as well as working proactively to grow our own business.
This is a leadership position for someone ambitious, who wants to shape the narrative around important low-carbon technologies and the international transition to a net zero economy. It’s also a rare opportunity to help shape our company. We promote and reward high achievers quickly.
- Work within a focused team to support clients with corporate communications strategy and delivery;
- Act as the account lead and drive client strategies focused on important low-carbon energy solutions across an exciting range of world-changing technologies, designing programmes and campaigns that lead to positive outcomes for clients;
- Help to build new business proposals and ideas based on trends within the energy transition, both in the UK and internationally;
- Be a key driver in new business development for Helmsley Energy;
- Build positive working relationships with political figures, journalists and other influential stakeholders on behalf of Helmsley and our clients;
- Work closely with senior colleagues and lead a team.
- Confidence: You'll be the day-to-day lead on key accounts, so you need to be authoritative and confident when engaging with people inside and outside the company. You'll need to be able to advise and support clients directly (alongside more senior team members) and guide more junior team members;
- Intelligence: We need someone who can grasp complex issues and think creatively. We’re looking for a university degree that demonstrates strong intellectual ability (not necessarily in energy);
- Experience: significant experience in corporate relations/public affairs (in media, parliament, agency or in-house - or a combination of these) and with experience in a regulated sector. We're open to hearing from Senior Account Managers who can show they're ready to step up to a bigger role. You don’t need to know energy inside out as you'll receive training in energy markets, but energy, transport or industrial sector experience helps. You should be very comfortable handling issues relating to public policy or political scrutiny;
- Proactivity: We're looking for someone who is well organised, gets on with things and who can work without supervision;
- Writing excellence: Writing and presentation skills are essential in this role. You must be able to produce and present high-quality materials in written form and in person to senior stakeholders;
- Entrepreneurialism: We’re looking for someone who’ll take an active role in new business development, as part of a wider team effort;
- Ambition: Because we're specialist and focused, you’ll have the chance to work on things that you wouldn’t elsewhere, and we’ll promote you quickly if you can rise to the challenge;
- Diligence: We’re looking for someone who’s hard-working, has attention to detail and can take the initiative to support clients;
- New perspectives: We’re actively looking to build a diverse team.
- Competitive salary;
- Bonuses based on the success of you and your team;
- 25 days’ holiday. In addition you’ll get your birthday off and half a day extra before or after each bank holiday (to help you get ahead of the bank holiday crowds);
- Flexibility in your working week;
- We’ll invest in your training and development based on your needs and interests, including training in energy and sustainability issues.