About iNHouse Communications
iNHouse Communications was founded in 2006 by former broadcast journalist Jo Tanner and Chair Katie Perrior, who served as Downing Street Director of Communications from 2016-2017.
We are known across the communications industry for our innovative, politically-savvy campaigns, which have resulted in government U-turns, measurable shifts in public opinion, and demonstrable growth of our clients’ engagement with high-level decision makers across government.
We are looking for proactive, enthusiastic and ambitious individuals to join our team, working across a range of projects and clients; and contributing to our business development. The successful applicant will be expected to support clients’ needs in housing and planning policy, and knowledge and interest in these areas would be essential.
- Acting as a day-to-day first point of contact for client activity, including managing some clients as directed;
- Supporting the development and implementation of creative public affairs and political communications strategies for clients, specifically those for housing and planning policy;
- Monitoring policy developments and relevant media content across government departments and relevant UK political institutions and briefing clients as required;
- Drafting correspondence and briefing materials for clients and their stakeholders – including across policy audits, research papers, reports, Select Committees, and consultation submissions;
- Supporting client media strategies;
- Arranging and supporting client events and meetings;
- Attending client and stakeholder meetings;
- Research to support clients as directed;
- Supporting business development and marketing, including online PR;
- Supporting day-to-day business administration.
This is a largely office-based role, which will include time in meetings with clients and stakeholders, and will suit an ambitious and organised candidate willing to assume responsibilities and develop within an exciting and expanding team. Working hours will be standard office hours, from Monday to Friday; with some out of hours requirements based on client deadlines and projects. The successful candidate will also be expected to support our annual party conference activity which, along with other projects, will require overnight stays.
Salary and employment terms
- Salary of £25,000 to £40,000 dependent on experience;
- Expenses account;
- 25-days holiday per year plus Christmas shutdown;
- Laptop, mobile, private healthcare - everything you need to do a great job.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent;
- Experience of account handling at account executive or account management level within an agency setting, or the equivalent in-house experience managing and delivering projects;
- Experience of working in a public affairs and/or public relations role or a demonstration of how communications have been vital to a previous work environment;
- Experience of working with clients on planning and housing policy issues;
- A knowledge and interest in UK politics and Parliament.
- Excellent written English;
- Excellent communications skills;
- Good IT skills, with proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel and Microsoft Word;
- Excellent organisation, demonstrable efficiency and attention to detail;
- An outgoing personality with the personal skills required to make new contacts, network effectively and manage/communicate with clients;
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work flexibly across a number of projects, adhering to often tight deadlines;
- Interest in social networking.