Account Manager to join a highly regarded, fast paced Corporate PR Agency.
Blackstock Consulting is looking for a talented, well-connected and energetic corporate PR expert to help us continue growing our reputation as London’s best informed, and most-respected high growth communications firm. You must have a track record with B2B media relations and demonstrate a good track record with business media.
Our clients range from global private equity firms to institutional investors, great estates and FTSE-listed companies. We are leading debates in areas like modular housing, life sciences, the build-to-rent sector and issues around ESG.
The bedrock of our business is blending corporate communications and policy advice with strategic consultancy, helping our clients navigate the world around them. We have won awards for our reports, thought leadership and podcasts all produced in-house.
A basic understanding of the property sector, such as the latest policy or industry developments, is a bonus but not crucial. Candidates will ultimately be judged on their track record in corporate media relations and their wider understanding of business and policy issues. Sector knowledge is not vital, but a track record placing stories and being able to write clean copy to tight deadlines is essential.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Being the account manager or day-to-day lead on client activities;
- Engaging with journalists and digesting relevant media every day;
- Writing press releases, columns and articles;
- Handling clients’ social media accounts;
- Being a line manager and having responsibility for others in the team.
Candidates must demonstrate:
- Proven experience working in a PR agency role;
- Excellent written and spoken English as well as a meticulous eye for detail;
- The ability to work to tight media deadlines on a number of simultaneous projects;
- The ability to manage both other team members and clients, responding and delivering to their demands and pressures;
- Digital skills a must;
- Commitment, energy, organisation and responsibility.
About Blackstock Consulting
Blackstock Consulting is London’s leading property PR company. We’re a boutique, 14-person team known for being creative, provocative, rigorous and highly effective whether it’s writing major reports, driving media coverage across TV and broadsheets or offering strategic advice to clients.
The company’s culture is more tech start-up than conservative public affairs firm, but there is a strong policy element to everything we do, and a lot of work is with major institutions, listed companies and high growth businesses.
Everyone at Blackstock is highly-motivated, dynamic, and comfortable working with little guidance. Due to the nature of our work, we work at an incredibly fast pace and thrive when working to tight deadlines. Because of our size, we are agile and stay on our toes, working together to deliver over the odds for clients and fostering a strong sense of community within the team.
What we offer
- Competitive salary, commission for new business, equity in the business;
- Generous benefits, holiday and pension;
- Potential for quick growth & career development.