Our client is a successful, fast growing agency with a dynamic vibrant team who work across a number of high profile clients to deliver public affairs consultancy and communications solutions.
They are now seeking an Account Manager to join their team to oversee high quality servicing to all their clients, contributing to internal strategy and decision-making, and creating new business wins.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Managing a portfolio of clients whilst maintaining excellent client relationships;
- Fostering relations with national and sectoral media, politicians, local authorities, and any relevant interest groups;
- Responding appropriately to crisis management issues;
- Developing and maintaining expertise in client sectors and related policy fields;
- Providing regular copy for the website and promoting their work through social media;
- Identifying, pitching and winning new business.
The successful candidate will need a strong track record in providing research and political counsel and advice in the fields of public affairs, and media relations. You will have a wide contact base and be used to leveraging the industry circuit and enjoy networking. You must have proven pitching skills for winning new business and demonstrate excellent leadership and client handling skills.
The Account Manager will have the following skills and experience:
- Excellent written communication skills;
- Able to manage own workload;
- Excellent policy skills across a range of areas;
- A diverse network of media and political contacts;
- Ability to maximise business potential from clients;
- Good academic background;
- Intelligent, engaging and well informed.