The Law Society is the representative body for solicitors in England and Wales.
Our policy work is recognised across the profession and beyond, and our policy advisers play a key role in projecting the Society’s influence. This is an exciting and varied role where your expertise and knowledge will be used to great effect.
In this role you will act as a credible and informed representative for the Law Society on matters relating to anti-money laundering (AML) and financial crime, building relationships with stakeholders (both internal and external) to influence and shape the latest policy developments in the area whilst ensuring members are kept informed of the latest AML and economic crime requirements.
What we're looking for
- A good understanding of the legal system and the rule of law including the role of solicitors in it;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Experience of policy development;
- Experience of working in a complex public policy environment;
- The credibility to work with members and external stakeholders;
- Strong intellectual skills.
What's in it for you
We offer a generous flexible benefits package, a friendly working environment and the opportunity to develop your career within a professional organisation.
Please note: the salary on offer is subject to skills and experience. If you are an internal applicant, Pay Policy will apply.