WA Communications is recruiting for an Associate / Account Director to join its growing Public Affairs practice. This role presents a fantastic opportunity for an experienced, but still hungry, consultant who is looking for a new challenge.
WA is a top five public affairs and corporate communications consultancy based in Westminster, working UK-wide. We are independently owned, meaning we focus on client, not shareholder, returns.
We have a proud history of addressing policy, legislative, regulatory and reputational issues for all kinds of clients. Our Public Affairs and Corporate Communications teams thrive on variety and versatility, having worked across all major business areas. We have also developed specialist knowledge and experience in five principal areas:
- Energy and the environment;
- Transport and infrastructure;
- Education and children’s services;
- Investor risk analysis: Private equity;
- Our ongoing expansion means that we are looking for an exceptional Associate/Account Director to join the team and play an important role in supporting our continued evolution.
The chosen candidate will lead a growing team within the practice and will be expected to further develop the consultancy’s client offer. They will work closely with the practice directors and team leads in identifying areas of convergence and new business opportunities as well as a wider team from corporate communications and investor services.
We are WA
We look for people who share our passion for intellectual curiosity and love to work on interesting, knotty challenges. We are consistently driven by a desire to deliver outstanding results for our clients and attract people who truly care about providing an excellent standard of work.
Our diverse, high quality client base will allow you to get your teeth into exciting and important policy and business issues. What you do will have true, real world impact. There is enormous job satisfaction to be gained from that.
We think the best client service is one tailored carefully to the client’s individual needs. A service that can draw on the skills and expertise of specialist consultants in public affairs, corporate communications and investor services. We actively encourage teamwork across our practices and place real value on collaboration to deliver on our clients’ communication objectives.
We are committed to professional development at all levels and want everyone to feel their career is consistently moving forward. This is underpinned by a culture of honest, constructive feedback and investment in coaching and training.
We think it’s important to enjoy your work environment too, and we all genuinely enjoy working together! We support flexible working, provide a generous holiday package and we are committed to wellbeing.
What we are looking for
You will be an experienced public affairs professional with a track record of designing high impact campaigns and leading their successful execution. You will:
- Have a detailed understanding of the UK’s political, regulatory and policy-making process;
- Be an excellent communicator in written and spoken form;
- Have credibility among a strong political, regulatory and policy network;
- Be a first-class problem solver;
- Have a passion for business and an entrepreneurial spirit;
- Be a clear creative and strategic thinker;
- Have strong organisational and project management skills;
- Be experienced working in a communications or public affairs role within regulated sectors;
- Be a team player, able to lead and manage as and when the situation requires;
- Have an innate desire to do the best possible work for your clients and your team mates;
- Have good emotional intelligence;
Experience of transport, energy and/or education policy, and consultancy is an advantage.
The role will see you leading project work for clients, business development, and managing internal responsibilities. You will:
- Help lead a growing team of ambitious and driven consultants;
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients;
- Design and direct campaign strategies;
- Work with colleagues to develop and convert new business.
In return we offer:
- Competitive salary above industry average and involvement in the company’s incentive and reward bonus scheme;
- A tailored training package that will help you develop specialist skills in consulting and communications, in your first year and beyond;
- A lively, open and collaborative working culture, in which everyone is valued, listened to, and encouraged to generate ideas and opportunities;
- A wide range of employee benefits, including competitive pension scheme, subsidised gym membership, cycle to work scheme, interest free travel loans and more.