You will be lead and develop our client’s influencing strategy in policy, political and campaigning domains across strategic areas of interest, to secure change for people living with cancer across all four nations of the UK, ensuring good cross organisational working is achieved internally and relationships with key external stakeholders are maximised.
- In collaboration with the CEO and others key stakeholders develop a three-to-five year influencing strategy considering the changing political landscape and the role of new and emerging stakeholders in influencing change for people living with cancer;
- Drive our client’s influencing work, through policy development, public affairs activity and campaigning across all four nations of the UK;
- Ensure that influencing activity accurately reflects the policy and political environment in Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and England and that our client’s position on issues is shaped by the context of the 4 countries of the UK;
- Drive the development and delivery of plans for policy, public affairs and campaigning;
- Responsive to external political developments and manages issues of political and reputational risk;
- Lead and participate in coalitions to capitalise on external partnerships in order to drive change and improvements;
- Drive the development of issue-based campaigns that ensure that our client’s profile as an advocate and strong voice for change is maximised and delivers result;
- Work with the Insight & Performance function build the policy evidence to support influencing strategies that enable to grow its sphere of influence and service offer;
- Raise the profile of policy, campaigning and influencing and work with the wider organisation and relevant programme and project groups to ensure integrated approaches to influencing work which has a demonstrable impact on defined strategic priorities;
- Deliver inspirational and supportive line management, building a committed, empowered and successful team.
- Substantial experience of working within a leadership role in a public affairs, policy or campaigning environment;
- Proven track record of successfully delivering influencing work in the UK which has resulted in change to policy or legislation;
- An astute understanding of the political environment and parliamentary process, and experience of developing and managing relationships with policy and political stakeholders at the highest levels;
- Experience of development and implementation of evidence-based, influential policy positions and recommendations, and the ability to deliver results from campaigning activities;
- Experience of leading the development and implementation of high profile public facing campaigns aimed at policy change;
- A developed understanding of the varying political environments and parliamentary procedures across all countries in the United Kingdom;
- Extensive experience of leading teams.