I am recruiting for a Government Affairs Manager with a major construction business in London. You will be:
- Mapping stakeholders across Westminster and Whitehall, and identify avenues for engagement;
- Delivering enhanced stakeholder analysis for key Government departments, Local Authorities and healthcare trusts;
- Delivering strategic insight and analysis as directed by the GPSD, and managing the administration around the Group Public Sector Committee (GPSC);
- Overseeing and co-ordinating public sector project engagement activities, developing and maintaining productive relations with public sector stakeholders, ensuring that the Group gains maximum publicity e.g., topping out ceremonies, project handover;
- Creating and delivering monthly and ad hoc reports on current and upcoming Group activities in the Public Sector, including progress reports, outcomes and lessons learned.
To be successful in this role you will have substantial understanding of Public Sector and UK politics coupled with an understanding of communications and marketing. You will be experienced in delivering strategic advice/support for local authorities in respect of community engagement, public affairs, and public relations, and have an in-depth understanding and links into Local and Central government.
Ideally, you will have a background in politics and policy making and honed your social media knowledge by working in a Communications role. An understanding of the Construction or Property Services industries would be beneficial but not essential.