From negotiating with and lobbying the profession's regulators, government and other decision makers, to offering training and advice, we're here to help, protect and promote solicitors. The recently formed Government and Parliamentary Affairs team manages the organization’s engagement with political stakeholders, to facilitate its influencing role as a professional membership body.
We are recruiting a Government and Parliamentary Affairs Adviser to lead the organization’s lobbying on legislation and other policy based campaigns. Working within a team of three, the post holder will be proactively delivering lobbying based projects to engage parliamentarians and other important political stakeholders, as well as drafting and editing written communications for parliamentarians. They will also implement the efficient monitoring, analysis and internal dissemination of parliamentary information, in order that appropriate internal stakeholders are aware of developments in public policy, and contribute towards strategic advice on better engagement with our stakeholders.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate that they have the following:
- Degree in a relevant discipline such as Politics or Law (or equivalent work experience);
- Experience of working within a parliamentary, political or public policy environment;
- Strong interest in current affairs, especially politics;
- A thorough knowledge of the political and legislative process and the workings of Parliament;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both orally and in writing;
- Self-motivation and enthusiasm;
- Willing and able to develop innovative ways of communicating with political stakeholders and internal and member audiences.