I am recruiting a 12 month fixed term contract for Head of Policy and Research with a major charity.
- Provide strategic and operational leadership to the Research & Policy team, including team and financial management;
- Ensure we have robust and effective evidence across our policy areas and clearly and confidently present this data to different audiences in order to maximise our impact;
- Use the evidence base and relationships with others to persuade and negotiate with other internal and external stakeholders on critical issues;
- Develop policy positions and accompanying plans on strategic priority areas.
You will have:
- Sustained experience gained within a health or social policy research and policy setting though other sectors will be considered;
- Demonstrable evidence of having developed and delivered research and policy material to support campaigns, policy or service development;
- Demonstrable evidence of influencing policy, including developing organisational policy positions and influencing government and other stakeholders;
- Management experience and demonstration of management qualities;
- Ability to project manage multiple complex, mixed-team projects over the short- and long-term;
- Expertise in core research methodologies and experience of applying a range of research methodologies to research questions in health or social policy:
- Effective interpersonal and team work skills enabling good communication with professionals, colleagues, service users, civil servants and academic contacts.