I am recruiting for a Head of Regulatory and Public Affairs (UK & Ireland) for a global renewables business in London.
- Cultivate and maintain positive working relationships with government agencies, policymakers, and regulatory bodies at various levels to investigate, understand and help frame policy formulation, and encourage regulatory environments that accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon neutral economy;
- Monitor, analyse, and interpret legislative changes, regulatory trends, and policy developments affecting the businesses;
- Provide strategic insights and recommendations to senior management based on in-depth policy analysis, anticipating potential impacts on business operations. Prepare position papers on key topics;
- Develop and execute a comprehensive public affairs strategy to enhance the UK’s reputation and visibility in the energy transition space;
- Assess regulatory risks and develop proactive measures to mitigate potential impacts on business operations and project timelines;
- Foster collaboration across departments including legal, finance, operations, and marketing and GBUs to align regulatory strategies with overall business objectives;
- Lead and mentor a team, providing guidance, support, and professional development opportunities to drive high performance;
- Provide strategic guidance and leadership in analysing regulatory strategies in context of ESG objectives;
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure compliance with environmental regulations and disseminate action plans across all business units.
You will have:
- An in-depth knowledge of the energy markets, climate change & environmental issues and related regulation;
- A detailed understanding of the functioning of Institutions mainly in the UK but in Ireland as well;
- A detailed understanding of the market structure and the business activities of market players. A wider appreciation of the UK/EU political landscape;
- An understanding of energy market design and fundamentals and a sound grasp of economics;
- Demonstrable track record in working collaboratively with Governments in key policy areas;
- A strong commitment to ethical conduct and compliance with regulatory standards, ensuring the company's operations adhere to legal and ethical guidelines;
- Flexibility to adapt to evolving regulatory environments, handle ambiguity, and navigate through challenges or setbacks in a dynamic industry;
- Ability to analyse complex regulatory issues, assess risks, and make informed decisions that align with both business objectives and regulatory compliance;
- A creative mindset to identify innovative approaches within regulatory frameworks, driving initiatives that leverage regulatory knowledge and understanding for business growth;
- A commitment to responsible advocacy, balancing the company's interests with societal and environmental responsibilities inherent in the renewable energy sector.